Madame Fifi Publications
Owner, Sue Fenton, M Ed, Education Consultant, Creative Consultant, Speaking Specialist for world languages and the school curriculum in general.
Madame Fifi Publications has been supporting teachers for 18 years. Sue Fenton, an innovative Career Ladder 3 Master Teacher who taught Levels 1 to 4 AP French and basic Spanish, started writing her own language materials for speaking because there were few available on the market. Also, teachers requested she to share ideas to help their students become more fluent and comfortable speaking the language. Madame Fifi Publications was born. Its books and materials are known across the U.S. and Canada for their high quality, humor, fun, culture, and creativity.
• Classroom teacher for over 20 years. French 1, 2, 3, 4 AP, Spanish 1. Career Ladder 3 Master Teacher. National Alliance Française scholarship for a summer stage pédagogique in Paris. University of Chicago Commendation. Whos Who Among American Teachers (5 times.) Teacher of the Year, City Finalist.
• Author of over 35 books and materials for teachers that save time and support speaking proficiency as a priority. 3 books were reviewed in the AATFs French Review; 1 was reviewed on APCentral.com
• Presenter of sessions at over 15 state conferences as well as CSCTFL, NECTFL, and ACTFL.
• Presenter of many 3-hour to all-day workshops for schools, districts, universities, and associations. Examples: AFLTA AATF workshop; NJ Association of Independent Schools; for FLANC in Northern CA; 4 all-day workshops for Region 15 in TX; the Educational Collaborative in MA; University of South Carolina’s annual Reflections Workshop Presenter, Spartanburg; and many school districts.
• Creator of the method “Virtual Residence Language™” in which students virtually move into their own apartments in a world city for the year and learn the language from that perspective. Using the Internet, students can talk all over the city in authentic contexts.
• Spent many summers in Paris doing research for classroom materials, projects, and books. She organized many student trips & exchanges.
• Student Achievements: 5s on the AP French Test; 1st in the state and city on the National French Exam; 4th national rank on the National French Exam, student received 800 on the SAT French Test; numerous awards at state festivals; many students placed into at 2nd semester junior year college French for majors courses as freshmen; one student was awarded an internship at the French Embassy in Washington, D.C.her freshman year of college because of her fluency.
• Author and lyricist for the two CD's of songs, "Oh Là Là - Sing Your Way to French."
Sue believes that speaking was the greatest gift a language teacher can give a student, and that being able to speak will make language more meaningful and “stick.”
Sue now hopes to reach and impact more students by supporting their teachers with resources for speaking.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT!
© 2016 Sue Fenton All rights reserved.